Company and Role Overview
Stavvy is working to transform the lending process for borrowers, their lenders, and the vendors used throughout the process. Whether we are working to enable real estate title companies to facilitate remote closings in a safe way or better connecting lenders with the businesses they use during the lending process, people at Stavvy are disruptors at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to truly connect all stakeholders throughout the lending process in meaningful ways.
Are you passionate about building great products that are used by ordinary people during the most important financial transactions of their lives? If so, this Product Manager role will offer a rare opportunity to join a startup striving to transform this experience into one that's modern and safer, and efficient for everyone involved. You will be a crucial player in the product and the customer's experience from beginning to end - taking ownership of critical existing and new product initiatives. This role will include collaborating on strategic direction, ideation, prioritization, partnering with engineers to build and launch while learning from customers, and analyzing data to keep Stavvy on this emerging technology's cutting edge.
What You’ll Do
- Build empathy for our customers and become an advocate for their needs
- Manage the full product development cycle for targeted initiatives
- Defining product user stores and acceptance criteria to support engineering in providing estimates and build on
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering in finding the best solution for our customers taking into account product and engineering constraints
- Breaking down user stories into the minimal marketable product based on internal and external requirements
- Collaborate with a team of designers, engineers on day-to-day needs
- Plan bi-weekly sprints and ensuring JIRA is reflective of active development
- Closely measure results, and use data analysis to drive future iteration.
- Research to stay informed about competitor products and industry trends
- Perform user acceptance testing against products that we are building
What You’ll Need
- 2-5 years of experience working as a full time product manager with proven success and failure building products
- Be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Lead the company with evidence based decision making
- Experience in various product development disciplines (Ex Product estimation, design, improvement and launch)
- Be more interested in understanding the problem then providing solutions
- Have a goal setting mindset
- Be an advocate for good product development best practices
- Experience working with JIRA, Whimsical, Superset all a plus
- Thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environment